We act for many employers and are experienced in assisting clients to deal with various employment related issues including:
- Hiring of new employees
- Proper classification of new employees (permanent, part-time, fixed term or casual employments)
- Application of industrial awards and compliance
- Implementing new employment contracts throughout the organisation
- Managing under-performing workers
- Disciplinary procedures
- Managing risks of possible unfair dismissal claims
- Termination of employment
- Post employment restraints
- Protection of employer’s intellectual property and confidential information
- Overseas secondment
We can also assist you to draft contemporary and robust employment contracts and policies that will better protect your business interests.
Because of our experience acting for employers, we also advise employees on issues or disputes that they face with their employers during their tenure (including the employee’s rights under the Fair Work Act and industrial award, rights and obligations under the employment contract). We also advise employees on their new employment contracts and recommend appropriate amendments to ensure the contract is more fairly balanced.